Shell issues

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
The mister is making it too wet. There are chips all over the shell. Please review the set up heat, light, substrate, humidity, diet and hydration for both in their new independent enclosures. I would remove mister and just use a plant sprayer to moisten not drench.
I wouldn’t even use the sprayer everyday, I tend to recommend lukewarm water pours, especially for red foots, the odd spray now n then won’t hurt though🙂

tortoisepopop

Catasaqua pa
Alright I applied a generous dose of the cream to the top and underbelly
Everyone said for about a week right? I disconnected the mister and I'm looking for a second tank and stand now

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Alright I applied a generous dose of the cream to the top and underbelly
Everyone said for about a week right? I disconnected the mister and I'm looking for a second tank and stand now
Yeah see how it’s looking after a weeks treatment.

Tank wise, it might actually be better having a look at some of the examples in the thread I linked, thanks don’t tend to last long because of the sizing but they can be pricey for how long you’d use them tbh😕that and it can sometimes be tricky making them a closed top, unless you fashion a topper for them

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I have a friend that's dad owns a glass shop so I was just going to buy a sheet of glass to cap them
Only thing with that is your lighting/heating elements will be shining through glass no? You want all lighting&heating inside the chamber, but everything has to be mounted a safe height too

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hmm your right
Have a look through this, there’s lots of ways to get creative, you can fashion your own topper, I include some visuals at the bottom🙂

tortoisepopop

Catasaqua pa
Thank you for the photos. It looks like a bad case of fungal infection. Get an athlete's foot creme and apply to white areas and whole plastron. After day or two, try to clean areas with a soft bristle toothbrush. Plastron looks concerning (I hope it's just the photo), so that's good that you have a vet appointment. If the bone on the plastron is exposed it may require some more serious treatment.
Sorry I skipped over this question my bad. Just the photos I had to double check but it's definitely all intact

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I HAVE seen shell fungus along the margins of the carapace like that. In a few Redfoot that had heavy fungal problems on the plastron.
Fungus and other shell damage, like scrapes, bite marks from rats or other tortoises, etc. Depending on the severity of the damage, can look similar. Especially when it's shell fungus that is already healing.
Active fungus has a feel like hard cheese or a pencil eraser.
Since treating for fungus CURES fungus, but will not harm the tortoise in any way, I advocate for using ATHLETES FOOT CREAM on any area where fungus is thought to exist. And it won't matter if you're wrong.

That said...The first photo looks like some type of superficial abrasion.
If it were my tortoise, I'd use the cream. Repeat it again in 2-3 days. Then just observe it for a while.