Shell peeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
My Russians shell is flaking on the bottom, there is a thick flak the size of a nickel that's catching on stuff, how do
You know if it hurts? It's not soft ad he doesn't have any sharp edges in his enclosure. Ideas?

Attachments

• image-340795707.png
    image-340795707.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 80
  • image-465776952.png
    image-465776952.png
    248.3 KB · Views: 71

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't see it. But if its causing a problem, you can clip it off. Don't pull it, leave it attached...just clip off the part that sticks up.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I have a tortoise that will from time to time get a snag on him while he mucks about in his yard...nothing crazy but still a snag....I usually just keep an eye on him if it happens....he usually grinds it on down on his own but if it here causing him problems I suppose you could file it down to a smooth edge...but be cautious while taking it down...IMHO that is :D

tortiechik

5 Year Member
New Mexico
I have had this happen too on a few of my russians. Just keep trimming the loose parts and make sure the substrate is not too wet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi tortiechik:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

tortiechik

5 Year Member
New Mexico
emysemys said:
Hi tortiechik:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

I will try. Im using the tortoise forum app for ipad right now and it is different than on the laptop. Anyway, my name is Rebecca

Status
Not open for further replies.