Shell rot?

dpicchio

ImageUploadedByTortForum1393970715.417354.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1393970756.317132.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1393970764.186218.jpg

I noticed these spots on my Russian tortoise recently. I'm concerned it could be shell rot or some fungus? Does it look like this and how can it be treated?? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
To me, (not being able to see in real life) that looks like something was either dropped on the tortoise or someone stepped on him. It doesn't look like rot or fungus.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The first pic looks like old area affected by start of bacteria...but looks like it is a healed area....outside of that I don't see any other rot either...the second pic does look like an injury site....

dpicchio

Hmm it's strange, nothing has been dropped on him or stepped on, I don't have any other pets that could have injured him or anything

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I really like how juicy his skin and neck area look....nicely hydrated....and I would not worry about the spots....as with anything we should take notice to, just take a pic of the spots and then revisit them from time to time and compare with the initial pics to assure nothing progressing in a negative fashion....