Posted in Pickles & Crusher Thead

Attachments

• IMG_8064.jpg
    IMG_8064.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 92

StephandTay

Location (City and/or State)
Lodi, WI
Sweet!! I will have to watch your experiment and see how it comes out. I currently use coconut oil on my Russian's shell but maybe I should try this stuff too!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Sweet!! I will have to watch your experiment and see how it comes out. I currently use coconut oil on my Russian's shell but maybe I should try this stuff too!

There is another member here who has used it and his Sully (Sheldon) is beautiful. I was hooked! Maybe if we ask nicely, he will share a pic
@Jay Bagley
[emoji6]

Jay Bagley

Michigan
There is another member here who has used it and his Sully (Sheldon) is beautiful. I was hooked! Maybe if we ask nicely, he will share a pic
@Jay Bagley
[emoji6]
Hey EllieMay, here is a picture from today of Sheldon in his bath. Thinking it's time for a bigger tub. Also here's an old picture of him in his old enclosure with freshly applied Shell Saver. Sheldon said thank you for the compliment.20180731_151132.jpeg20180317_103657.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hey EllieMay, here is a picture from today of Sheldon in his bath. Thinking it's time for a bigger tub. Also here's an old picture of him in his old enclosure with freshly applied Shell Saver. Sheldon said thank you for the compliment.View attachment 246796View attachment 246798

He’s just absolutely beautiful! I can’t get enough!!!
Thank you!!

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Agreed, I love your Sully Sheldon! I looked that stuff up and its cheap I am going to get some for my Russian :)
Thankyou!! I really appreciate that. I freaked out when I joined the forum and learned that I should be striving for 80% + humidity. I was only achieving 50% at best on a good day, and down to 10 to 20 % during the winter in my tortoise table. So I was looking for anything to help compensate that. So I ended up going with the Shell Saver as a band-aid until I got a closed chamber.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
What technique do you use to apply it? I put on a latex glove, pour some onto my fingers, then rub it all over Vlad's carapace like I'm washing a car :D The glove is just for easy clean up.

Sometimes he wiggles his butt if I get the right spot :p

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
What technique do you use to apply it? I put on a latex glove, pour some onto my fingers, then rub it all over Vlad's carapace like I'm washing a car :D The glove is just for easy clean up.

Sometimes he wiggles his butt if I get the right spot :p

I’m not near as precise I’m sure!! No latex. Just squirt a drop on top of his shell and massage it in.. every now n then she will grace me with a wiggle[emoji6]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So the official weights after grazing, soaking and pooping are...........
50g & 50g...
That’s a gain of 4 grams in 7 days for Pickles and 3 grams for Crusher.

I’m super pleased with this because I didn’t see a big gain with Crusher last week at all.

Via Infinito

Viet Nam
Hey EllieMay, here is a picture from today of Sheldon in his bath. Thinking it's time for a bigger tub. Also here's an old picture of him in his old enclosure with freshly applied Shell Saver. Sheldon said thank you for the compliment.View attachment 246796View attachment 246798

Haha that shell has the "I'm going to pyramid...but NOPE I'm gonna be smooth now" look

and how come the shell has a much darker colour?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It seems like Pickles shell is getting darker. Or maybe it’s just the growth lines are bigger.. Either way, she is Sheldon’s Apprentice!!!