Opo's Growth

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I was gone for 2 wks and came home to a different Opo. Opo gained over 300 grams and almost a inch in length. Opo's head is much bigger and legs. I gasped when I picked Opo up. I used to pick Opo up with 1 hand and my fingertips would reach around the shell. Now my fingertips can't get underneath. I would like to say Opo missed me but Opo just cares if I keep the food coming.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Lol! Are you sure someone didn't do a swap with
Lol! Are you sure someone didn't do a swap with you? :p
I usually open the top of Opo's hold in the morning and Opo will come to my hand because Opo knows I am taking him out to graze. This morning as I was reaching in Opo was right there. The size of Opo startled me.lol I am still amazed how big Opo got. I think I will weigh and measure Opo weekly

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I usually open the top of Opo's hold in the morning and Opo will come to my hand because Opo knows I am taking him out to graze. This morning as I was reaching in Opo was right there. The size of Opo startled me.lol I am still amazed how big Opo got. I think I will weigh and measure Opo weekly

I would love to see your weekly changes!!!

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
How is Vladimir doing?

He's great! He's been loving the warm weather and he recently discovered a local, safe, rose of sharon bush that he has been getting flowers from, which he loves. He's adjusted very well to his larger indoor enclosure and has a little daily routine now :)

I weighed him yesterday and he's at 9805g / 21.61lbs.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
He's great! He's been loving the warm weather and he recently discovered a local, safe, rose of sharon bush that he has been getting flowers from, which he loves. He's adjusted very well to his larger indoor enclosure and has a little daily routine now :)

I didn’t realize he was so big!! Now I need to see a new pic of him too!!

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I'll have to post some newer pics, but here's a recent animation of him stomping over his dish of Mazuri

img_20180709_175613-animation-gif.244599

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Wow that's great! My scale only goes to 11lbs. Guess I should have thought about how big Opo will get before I bought mine

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Don’t feel bad Ray, I don’t have a big scale yet either. I’m still using the old food standby:)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'll have to post some newer pics, but here's a recent animation of him stomping over his dish of Mazuri

img_20180709_175613-animation-gif.244599
I couldn't get the video to come up but figured a way to see it. Does he walk up the ramp to get to the hide? I need to ramp my next idea and wasn't sure how steep I could go

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I couldn't get the video to come up but figured a way to see it. Does he walk up the ramp to get to the hide? I need to ramp my next idea and wasn't sure how steep I could go

I'll have to post some actual video so you can see him going up and down. It took him about a week to master it.

His upper box is about 2 feet off the ground, and the ramp going up to it is 6 feet long. I should have made it longer in hind sight. I ended up elevating the bottom with a cinder block, and building a little ramp with mulch to help him get up to it. An 8 foot ramp to get up to a 2 foot platform would have been better, but he doesn't really have much of a problem with the current setup