Lost Opo

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Thanks to you and your BF. Hope he is doing fine. I am learning to use my prosthetic leg and arm so hopefully I won't depend on the chair as much.
I hope that you will be able again to walk with your prosthetic leg. :) I wish you all the best.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I can't get over how lucky it was the way it worked out. Did Opo have any marks or scrapes or anything from his ordeal?

How much does he weigh?
Here are
I can't get over how lucky it was the way it worked out. Did Opo have any marks or scrapes or anything from his ordeal?

How much does he weigh?
20180610_122516.jpg here's the one of 3 marks on the top.(in the center)20180610_121845.jpg here is the mark on the bottom with a little separation of the plates. IMG_0954.jpg here is where he found himIMG_0963.jpg this is the only opening possible for Opo to get in (that is twice as small of opening then Opo is IMG_0970.jpg pen taken from inside his screen porch

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Wow, I'm not sure how he would've fit in there. The marks on his plastron look normal to me.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wow, I'm not sure how he would've fit in there. The marks on his plastron look normal to me.
The pencil is a little low. Do you see the nick above and the small separation running vertical above the pencil? Does that separation look alright there is no drainage coming from it?

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I think that looks normal. Any other sulcata owners able to offer an opinion?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Here are

View attachment 241520 here's the one of 3 marks on the top.(in the center)View attachment 241521 here is the mark on the bottom with a little separation of the plates. View attachment 241522 here is where he found himView attachment 241523 this is the only opening possible for Opo to get in (that is twice as small of opening then Opo is View attachment 241524 pen taken from inside his screen porch
I'm glad you got him back, what a wild story. Is the rabbit cage locked? Do you think it's possible someone found him close by and saw the rabbit cage and just put him in there thinking that's where he lived?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm glad you got him back, what a wild story. Is the rabbit cage locked? Do you think it's possible someone found him close by and saw the rabbit cage and just put him in there thinking that's where he lived?
There is only 5 houses on my street and I talked with them all. My neighbor who found him has a son but at this moment he is bed ridden with lyme disease. It is a crazy mystery. The only thing that might make sense. We have wild rabbits and now and then Opo might enjoy a rabbit pellet. Also Opo will smell something in the yard. He will keep poking his nose in the ground and then scrape his front legs a few times and then his back legs and then will circle around and do it again. I am thinking maybe he smelled the rabbit pen and maybe where the corner gap is he forced his way thru maybe lifting the fence enough to get thru. But not sure he would be strong enough to do that.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Is it better to post pics in thumbnail or full image. Those were full image?
Full image works fine - when you choose thumbnail it puts a smaller preview that you can then click on to view the full thing

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Full image works fine - when you choose thumbnail it puts a smaller preview that you can then click on to view the full thing
I was wondering because sometimes when I click on a pic on a thread it will be super exploded. Wasn't sure if mine did that.