Lost Opo, found Opo!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I was up all night and around 6:30am I decided to try and get some sleep. I opened the screen door so when Opo woke up he could go outside. I got up about 10 am and went outside to say good morning to Opo.
To my horror I couldn't find him. Rose and I and the neighbors were out looking for him. The power company was down the road so I showed them a picture of Opo.
They said they saw him on the sidewalk on a busy road about a hr ago. Rose jumped in the van and headed that way. She came back with no Opo. I decided to post a incident report on the ring doorbell with a pic and my phone number. A 1/2 hour later I get a call. They had picked up Opo and taken him to the nearby fire department. We hurried there and there was Opo! They were feeding him lettuce and bananas. Where the person who found him described where Opo was. Is about 2 miles from my house.
Thank God for the person who picked him up. I called him back to offer some money but he refused. They said he was getting close to the road and ffigured it must be somebody's pet because of the markings.
The only thing I can figure was one of the gates were left open. The backyard is escape proof. But tomorrow morning I am going to watch Opo to make sure he didn't pull a Houdini.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
How did it happen? I been trying to lose my son for awhile now. ??
The only thing I can think is I left a gate open. I am going to put locks on the gates. So I will remember to do the motions of locking at night.
You could send your son to Ethiopia. The charity commercial on tv says you can feed a child there for the cost of a cup of coffee a day.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That was a close one! I'm glad you have good neighbors and helpful folks nearby.

I hope Opo doesn't start associating fire rescue with bananas! ?
Yes! The ring doorbell has a neighbor watch that you can post incidents. The local police are logged in also. Whenever there is something suspicious going on people will post the video to alert others in the area.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was up all night and around 6:30am I decided to try and get some sleep. I opened the screen door so when Opo woke up he could go outside. I got up about 10 am and went outside to say good morning to Opo.
To my horror I couldn't find him. Rose and I and the neighbors were out looking for him. The power company was down the road so I showed them a picture of Opo.
They said they saw him on the sidewalk on a busy road about a hr ago. Rose jumped in the van and headed that way. She came back with no Opo. I decided to post a incident report on the ring doorbell with a pic and my phone number. A 1/2 hour later I get a call. They had picked up Opo and taken him to the nearby fire department. We hurried there and there was Opo! They were feeding him lettuce and bananas. Where the person who found him described where Opo was. Is about 2 miles from my house.
Thank God for the person who picked him up. I called him back to offer some money but he refused. They said he was getting close to the road and ffigured it must be somebody's pet because of the markings.
The only thing I can figure was one of the gates were left open. The backyard is escape proof. But tomorrow morning I am going to watch Opo to make sure he didn't pull a Houdini.
Maybe he dug a tunnel. I'm sure you'll find his secret out if you watch from afar.