Shelly

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
Shelly, the first of four russian tortoises I'll be receiving this week and I couldn't be more excited. Her owner could no longer keep her and shipped her out to me last night. I promised I'd keep the name. Her shell is absolutely gorgeous, I'm not really into morphs, but I believe she's a hypo. She's never been outside before so it'll take her time to adjust to her enclosure. She looks super tiny in it. I gave her a soak before she came out. I figured she wouldn't be too interested in eating( I still offered mazuri and greens ),but rather exploring and looking for a way out. Which gives me the opportunity to see if I did a good enough job building the enclosure.

Attachments

• 20210406_100320.jpg
    20210406_100320.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210406_103420.jpg
    20210406_103420.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210406_121912.jpg
    20210406_121912.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17

Grace-Sophia

Texas
You have a very pretty Russian there! Tortoises do tend to want to escape just about everything, I have my 5´´ Russian in a roughly 5 x 5 ft enclosure and he still wants to escape! Now, there might be a few things to tweak about her enclosure, first I don´t see any thing to give it interest, you an add live plants like Spider plants, you can also add grasses or plant seeds, I would also recommend a hide so she can escape the sun if needed. How big is your enclosure? I would also recommend a water dish.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
You have a very pretty Russian there! Tortoises do tend to want to escape just about everything, I have my 5´´ Russian in a roughly 5 x 5 ft enclosure and he still wants to escape! Now, there might be a few things to tweak about her enclosure, first I don´t see any thing to give it interest, you an add live plants like Spider plants, you can also add grasses or plant seeds, I would also recommend a hide so she can escape the sun if needed. How big is your enclosure? I would also recommend a water dish.
I just took a picture of her near one of the walls.She has a hide (which has a burrow), water and food dish. It is roughly 45ft by 13ft and I still need to decorate with things such as grass plants.