Shellys Blowing Bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
This is the first time ive seen the bubbles coming out of her nose. I just got her yesterday. Shes eating good a variety of grass weeds and ive soaked her three times since i brought her home. She stays outside except for at night. I brought her in because a storm just came through thats when i noticed the bubbles :( shes 8 yrs old i was told. What do i do to help her? I have her inside. With a light for extra heat.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Shes been kept away from Spunky. But when you quarantine new torts does that mean they cant even be in the same room? Ive never had one get sick. Thank goodness I dont know where to begin woth this. Help please.

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using TortForum mobile app

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Okay to house in the same room....just keep some distance between enclosures...and no sharing common ground outdoors :D

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
@ascot Thanks ..Shelly the one that was blowing bubbles hasnt done it again. And shes eating like theres no tomorrow. Lol i pray its nothing major. But still being cautious.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
is it possible she is just blowing bubbles after her soak? If she is eating and acting normal, probably ok. but you can keep her and warm for a few days just to be sure... If its warm and sunny outside tho.. maybe let her out...

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Shes outside all day long..:) I figure plenty of sunshine and lots of food. Still havent seen her do it again. Blow bubbles that is. Maybe right about it happening after soaking. Shes 8 yrs old and was never soaked before. :( makes me sad. But shes gonna do better here and in time. Im really hoping. Thanks
Keep in mind I just got her and another female two days ago.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It could just be due to change of environment. Stress can cause bubbles in the noise especially after a soak...something she has never experienced before. I think she'll be ok in a few days. Just keep a eye on her and listen for any wheezing.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Thanks sibi i will. I just soaked her for about 40 min or so i think they both are full of sand. Have you ever seen a tort put their lips in water and make it bubble? I didnt know whether to laugh or be worried. She was really relaxed finally in this soak. :) hopefully things will be ok.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeah, that's funny to see. They don't know that they can drink from their mouths. They take in water from their nose a lot. But, when they accidentally take in water from the mouth, it can be really funny as you have experienced. If the bubbles were only coming from the nose, and not mucus, then your baby is fine. Again, just listen for any noise from his nose or mouth.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Thank you sibi. Im praying thats all it is. Shes certainly eating well and roaming around. So im hoping its all gonna be okay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.