shoud redfoots eat there poop?

the TL

my red foot tryed to eat its own poop and i don't know what it means and i just got the tortoise at a expo the day i got him was the 19 of july shoud i wory or let it go?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Ha ha! My reds are well known for eating poop. I don't stop them - I figure they know what they're doing. (Just be careful if it's any dog or cat poop when the animal has been treated with Ivermectin.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Eating their own poop is totally normal. Really gross but normal.

Maverick

5 Year Member
And also don't release it into the wild over something like this. Sheesh, talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water! :cool:
I think they are trying to say to"not worry about it" when they said "let it go"... Not literally let the tortoise go. :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
And also don't release it into the wild over something like this. Sheesh, talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water! :cool:
I think they are trying to say to"not worry about it" when they said "let it go"... Not literally let the tortoise go. :)
:)

*rolling around on the ground clutching my aching side from the uncontrollable laughter*....bahhhaaahaaaa, ah man I totally enjoyed this, thank you.