Should I be worried

anushasharma1

5 Year Member
soaking my tortoise greatly improved his health and activity levels- I agree with the other users saying that a longer soak, in warmer water really helps (check the forum for accurate soaking techniques)

VJRDuran

Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn Park
I’m just worried about how hot they can handle and so after ten it seems to get chilly. But I will so my best to let her soak for 30 tomorrow
We keep our temperature about 32-35 degree C, and have two plastic pans ready; one that Scooter is soaking in, and the other to be filled with warm water as the first pan cools down. Then it is just a matter of lifting him from one to the other and refresh the first one.

VJRDuran

Brooklyn Park
I’ve offered her collard greens, mustard greens, dandelions, rose petals, Timothy hay, water melon , strawberries and those fruit only to try to get her to eat, romaine and nothing
Severely limit the fruit for a Russian tortoise. Their digestive systems can't handle the fruits' sugars.

Dlamonda

Grants Pass
Bought my baby who is a female and believe to be around 5 months old. I’ve had her a week and she has not ate. Then I noticed she was squeaking and so I rushed her to a new vet as my vet didn’t see exotics... she said she felt like she had an upper respiratory infection and gave her a shot and sent me home to force feed her critical care. I can’t force feed her as I’m alone . I have done a carrot juice soak twice and she drank the first time a few times. Her enclosure is 95-100 in her basking area, 71-72 in the rest. No bubbles in her nose or any other signs ... I don’t wanna return her but I’m scared as she won’t eat anything. Should I return her or should I just go back and get more shots from vet of antibiotics and hope she will come around ? Thanks for ur kind feedback and help in advance. Again I’m new to this.
Hi there,
I've had my sweet Russian tort for a month. His eys wont open, he has not pooped or peed, he doesn't eat. I soak him in baby food carrots n squash. I have living edible plants in his tank and i offer him time in sunshine daily. He will eat grass. A month I too am worried. If anyone can answer her questions you'll be taking care of both! Good luck to you

Russianpenelope98

Nampa, idaho
Hi there,
I've had my sweet Russian tort for a month. His eys wont open, he has not pooped or peed, he doesn't eat. I soak him in baby food carrots n squash. I have living edible plants in his tank and i offer him time in sunshine daily. He will eat grass. A month I too am worried. If anyone can answer her questions you'll be taking care of both! Good luck to you
We are going to a diff vet today and sounds like u should take your baby to one soon! The fact they can’t open their eyes is super scary! They def need to go to an exotic vet ASAP! Hope you get your baby well soon!

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Hi there,
His eyes might not be opening because of the bulb. What type are you using?

JMM

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Water should be warm but not hot. You need to change the water when it cools. The warmth helps get her GI tract moving.

Melissacoop

Pembroke Pines, FL
You have to keep replacing the water to keep it warm. Empty out some cool water and add hot or I use two bins and when the first one gets too cool I put my tortoise in the other warm one while I rewarm the first one.

Dlamonda

Grants Pass
We are going to a diff vet today and sounds like u should take your baby to one soon! The fact they can’t open their eyes is super scary! They def need to go to an exotic vet ASAP! Hope you get your baby well soon!
Thank you, my vet is an exotic vet as well. I will call him today.