Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrycowgoesmoo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alexandria, VA
I bought new substrate called coconut fiber and mixed it with this other mulch thing that I can't remember it's name (threw bag away already) and it seems to stick on his feet.

The problem with that is when he would go in his water and get out he would also go into his food and he would get the bedding in his food. Is it okay for him to eat? What should I do about it or am I just worrying too much?

Thanks for replying :D

abclements

5 Year Member
No worries. A little Coco Fiber won't really harm him. It's when he's eating it by the mouthfuls that it becomes a problem. If you think it's too much, just feed him and then remove his food when he's had his fill.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
and keep him well hydrated and that will help to lessen and impaction from substrate ingestion issue.....

with this species of tort....do you keep the substrate a little moistened down? this also helps to keep the issue to a minimum...and time will also help this to lessen....did you take the palm of your hand and press down really hard and pack it down to allow for a firm surface for walking and less sticking to tootsies? :D

Minority1

5 Year Member
Status
Not open for further replies.