Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have been checking craigslist as I always do, not so much for a new addition but just to see whats out there. The other day I found an ad for a hatchling sulcata that some one had gotten for the kid from the reptile show that was here last week. They are offering $60 for him. I was wondering if I should scoop this little one up. The people that bought him didnt do their homework before and just got him for their kids cause he thought it was cute. It looks like a couple week old hatchling. I had emailed them when I first saw the ad and they told me he was in a 10g tank with coco coir bedding, no mention of lights. That make me worry. I wasnt really looking for another yet, but I dont know if I want this little guy to suffer

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Yes Craigslist is a dangerous place for us. Tell them what they must do to properly care for their little shelled bundle of joy and explain that you were not planning on another one. Be helpful, but honest.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If you think you have the space for 2 then go ahead and do it.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am with Captain on this one....with one add on :D If you had an ultimate plan in life to obtain another tortoise then go for it....but if you are simply going to get the little bugger because you feel bad for the tortoise----then welcome to the group of folks with a heart....but know that you will be pulling double duty and if that is aok then again, go for it.... :D

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
ascott said:
I am with Captain on this one....with one add on :D If you had an ultimate plan in life to obtain another tortoise then go for it....but if you are simply going to get the little bugger because you feel bad for the tortoise----then welcome to the group of folks with a heart....but know that you will be pulling double duty and if that is aok then again, go for it.... :D

We had intended on getting another tortoise soon, just not this soon. We were wanting a leopard tortoise but with this little guy....im not sure. I guess my biggest worry would be about having two of them, i have read on here that having three is better than having two.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
"i have read on here that having three is better than having two."

Seems to me then you need to continue to look on Craigslist one more time.....LOL :D:D:D:D:D

In all seriousness, pairs in harmony are hard to achieve in almost all tortoise species....so may end up with two tortoise yards? It is a real thing to consider.....:D

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
I will have to consider all of that. Thank you so much for the fast response. I will contact them and see if i can get more information about the little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.