Siblings

Opuntia

Location (City and/or State)
uk
Hi. What beautiful hatchlings can I ask what weight they are? I also have hatchlings 4months old both 15g when hatched now 24g/27g.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Hi. What beautiful hatchlings can I ask what weight they are? I also have hatchlings 4months old both 15g when hatched now 24g/27g.
Thanks, I couldn't have answered your question a couple days ago. I just came across my old counter weight gram scale and the weights are, the older one is 75 grams and the new hatchling is 10 grams.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Weighed them today.Picture 005.jpg the smaller one is up to 17 grams and the larger one is 82 grams. So in about 2 weeks they both gained 7 grams.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Very nice looking.

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Eastern, PA, USA
No, The first one was. The second one ( there were 2 eggs) I dug them up when the weather cooled down back in Sept. I placed the eggs in my high tech on top of the refrigerator incubator. The other egg never developed.View attachment 283051
My last high tech incubator was a tray of vermiculite next to the heat light of my Ball Python...egg hatched successfully after 2.5 months.

Len B

10 Year Member!
My last high tech incubator was a tray of vermiculite next to the heat light of my Ball Python...egg hatched successfully after 2.5 months.
When I was a kid I found some eggs while searching for salamanders. I had no idea what they were, I put them in a metal 5 gallon bucket (before plastic buckets were made) with some dirt. Placed them at the top of our attic steps near a window and they hatched into baby Black Rat Snakes. It would be nice if all reptile eggs were that simple to hatch out.