Sick Eastern Boxie on the mend - am I doing this right?

Shelldonsmommy

Location (City and/or State)
Dayton, Ohio
003.JPG 002.JPG My Eastern Boxie, Shelldon, came down with puffy eyes and was very lethargic on Sunday morning. Immediaely I started researching what to do. I upped the temp in his enclosure and misting it as often as I can. I have also been doing 50/50 water pedialyte soaks 2-3 times a day and have added chickn baby food to one soak a day. I have also been puttng cod liver oil on his eyes and they look 95% better. He is pretty much back to his old self again but still not eating. I have offered earthworms and all of his favorite foods. He seems somewhat curious but just hasn't touched it yet. What can I do better?

Also please look at attached pics of eyes and tell me how they look. His left eye was the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It sounds like you're doing all the right things. But you've got to get him eating or its just going to happen again. Keep soaking every day and maybe put some worms in the soaking water. Something that really wiggles. In those pictures, the eyes look great.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
I'd have to agree with Yvonne. Your doing great. Keep it up. I'm certain he'll eat again. Just under alot of unfamiliar stress. But He looks great. Beautiful boy btw.