Sick hermann tortoise

Alexlulx

Location (City and/or State)
Chisinau
I got yesterday a female tortoise (hermanni hermanni) , her face is a bit deformated, she eats more than my other tortoises, she looks really healthy but she has some bubbles in her nose and something breaths with her mouth, i dont have veterinars for reptiles in my country, is there a way to heal her naturally? (Outdoors)

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I got yesterday a female tortoise (hermanni hermanni) , her face is a bit deformated, she eats more than my other tortoises, she looks really healthy but she has some bubbles in her nose and something breaths with her mouth, i dont have veterinars for reptiles in my country, is there a way to heal her naturally? (Outdoors)
Hello and welcome!

First thing is to keep her separated from your other tortoises. Even if you can get rid of the symptoms (like mouth breathing or bubbly nose), likely she will be a lifetime disease carrier (in case of Mycoplasma, for example). Of course, do not share any soaking/food/water dishes, wash hands after handling and so on.

The only natural way of healing is to keep her warm (no lower than 27-28C), well hydrated and on a good diet. Probably, you will need a heated box for her at nights (either built outside, with insulation or inside your house). Until you are confident that she is healthy hibernating (brumating) her in the winter is not advised.

There are probably some antibiotics which can be obtained without prescription (used for cattle, for example). But I would not use them without knowing what disease she has.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
In order to help you better we need to know everything you do and use for her care.
Temps,basking temp,all over temp, night temp
Humidity
Diet
Substrate
Enclosure inside or out and size of it
How big is the tortoise
What other tortoises do you have and how many how big
Post pictures