Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm just curious why no one fills out the profile page. Whenever someone posts and doesn't sign with their name, I click on their username to see if they have a signature line in their profile and 9 times out of 10, there is nothing entered about the person. So half the time I don't know if I'm responding to a post written by a male or female, kid or adult.

Yvonne

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hey Yvonne, I know whatcha mean.. I just guess from the the content of the post & the opinions stated..

Even worse, though, is why peeps come here, get many of the same responses from many differing peeps, and then still do whatever it is that they think is best ~ rather like the posts on mixing breeds or breeding different subspecies ~ that kind of nonsense just irritates me to no end..

Anyways, have a great eve ~
Purpod

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
purpod said:
Even worse, though, is why peeps come here, get many of the same responses from many differing peeps, and then still do whatever it is that they think is best ~ rather like the posts on mixing breeds or breeding different subspecies ~ that kind of nonsense just irritates me to no end..
Purpod[/color][/size][/font]

I totally agree! They really aren't asking for our opinion, what they want if validation for what they're going to do anyway.

Yvonne

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
I'm just curious why no one fills out the profile page. Whenever someone posts and doesn't sign with their name, I click on their username to see if they have a signature line in their profile and 9 times out of 10, there is nothing entered about the person. So half the time I don't know if I'm responding to a post written by a male or female, kid or adult.

Yvonne

Not to mention that it would be a lot easier to answer people's questions if we knew what part of the world they lived in...

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
PLEASE.. don't get me started!

You can spend 10 years raising.. breeding and hatching 200 of ONE species.. [ chronologically pic documented ] - they have a hatchling of that species for 3 months.. and they are experts - or they believe a caresheet that has been "copied & pasted" for the past 25 years.. that covers EVERY tortoise on the planet. As Yvonne says.. "They paint them all with the same brush"!

Also.. are they trying to hide something by not at least telling us who they are and what continent they live on. Or how about what species are they asking about?????

Terry.. AKA Redfoot NERD

S

stells

purpod said:
Hey Yvonne, I know whatcha mean.. I just guess from the the content of the post & the opinions stated..

Anyways, have a great eve ~
Purpod

I think most of these are just wind ups to see how far they can push. Also they never seem to post piccies of their tortoises if you have noticed???

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A big THANK YOU!! to those of you who "get it." It really helps us to get to know you when we actually know where you live and that you have a name!!!

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I agree with what has been said here. But I also understand Some people want to remain anonymous for whatever reason. With ID theft etc. going on. But come on folks. You can at least put the state or country you live in and a signature of what YOU want to be called. If you don't understand at first how to place these things in your Profile simply type them in your post or response. That’s Not Rocket Science.
I often look at peoples profiles to find out where they are from or when they joined etc. Yvonne you are right it is soooooooo much easier to have these things listed and not have to just guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.