size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosiee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Little Foot will be 3 years in october but in the time i have had her she doesn't seemed to have grown much at just coming on 5inches nose to tail now she was about 4 and a half when i got her. What weight she she be at this length? and am i correct in thinking she may get to 8- 10 inches long providing the right diet and enviroment just so i know.

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose, CA
Rosiee said:
Little Foot will be 3 years in october but in the time i have had her she doesn't seemed to have grown much at just coming on 5inches nose to tail now she was about 4 and a half when i got her. What weight she she be at this length? and am i correct in thinking she may get to 8- 10 inches long providing the right diet and enviroment just so i know.

I don't think Hermann's grows to 8-10 inches in 3 years. Most adult Hermann's stay at 6-7 inches. My male TBH is still sub 7 inches, and he's probably already 7+ yrs old. What subspecies is Little Foot?

Rosiee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
She is from sulvania so what ever that makes her i suppose i think that westen?

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sounds to me like Little Foot is fine. 5" at 3 years old is really fine. No worries. Best wishes Douglas

Rosiee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
thanks douglas. Just to mention i was ment to spell sylvania in my last post so i guess that would infact make her easten, does that shed the light on how big she may eventaully become?

Ozric

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi there

in general the Eastern subspecies will grow to a larger size than the Western in the long term and will also tend to be larger at any given age. But there is a great deal of variation between individuals, and females will tend to be larger than males so there are quite a few variables.

I believe slow growth is usually a good sign in tortoises.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jonathan

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi Rosiee,
If your Hermanns is from Slovenia, it's most likely T.h.hercegovinensis.
They stay smaller than T.h.boettgeri, usually 5 3/4" to 7" for adult females.
For her size she should be around 380g. :D

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.