Sleeping all day

penpolice

Location (City and/or State)
south korea
This looks good to me lots of hiding and look an interesting place to live! Suggest more water dishes and refreshed regularly as they mess them up. They do not like change so let them settle in and see if this improves for you. Check heat,light is as per care sheet.
Thank you very much! I will check all care sheet and follow that!

penpolice

south korea
Really neat to see so many all in one place. It looks like you may have a few of a different subspecies, or at a minimum, from a different locale. These look to be the old T.g. floweri subspeices. 10 C is too cold for theses torts. This locale of T.g. terrestris does not brumate, so they need to be kept above 15 C at night.

Did you import all these at once or in groups? Did you get them recently or have you had them for a while?

I would worry about disease with so many wild caught tortoises. How are the nares looking?
They are imported from same farm in Jordan(Check the attached photo where they lived). They have been here for about 3 months(Two females laid four eggs last month). First they came here so many torts are seriously sick. Most of them have eye problems and many of them are already gone now:((nares are fine). The farm owner said they are hibernate in Jordan winter so I think they possibly can tolerate cold temp at night:( I bought some heating machines so I will turn them on at night as your advice. Summer is coming in a month in S.korea so I built huge outdoor enclosure for them(Not completely finished yet. Some substrate change and plant some greens are remained). When summer is come, I will let them out to the outdoor encosure(Check the last two photos). Please advice me my torts are okay for my indoor and outdoor setups. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1614872572171-4.jpg
    1614872572171-4.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 1614872572171-3.jpg
    1614872572171-3.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 1614872572171-2.jpg
    1614872572171-2.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 1614872572171-1.jpg
    1614872572171-1.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 1614872572171-0.jpg
    1614872572171-0.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210426_180838.jpg
    20210426_180838.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210418_133538.jpg
    20210418_133538.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 18

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
They are imported from same farm in Jordan(Check the attached photo where they lived). They have been here for about 3 months(Two females laid four eggs last month). First they came here so many torts are seriously sick. Most of them have eye problems and many of them are already gone now:((nares are fine). The farm owner said they are hibernate in Jordan winter so I think they possibly can tolerate cold temp at night:( I bought some heating machines so I will turn them on at night as your advice. Summer is coming in a month in S.korea so I built huge outdoor enclosure for them(Not completely finished yet. Some substrate change and plant some greens are remained). When summer is come, I will let them out to the outdoor encosure(Check the last two photos). Please advice me my torts are okay for my indoor and outdoor setups. Thank you.

I see. I have heard about T.g. terrestris from Jordan hibernating, so that makes sense with regard to the breeder. I think some other locales of T.g. terrestris do not.

While they may be able to handle cold temps at night when healthy, if they are sick it may only be making the sickness worse. Tortoise's immune systems rely on getting up to temperature to function. If you've already lost some, it's likely that some illness is still circulating in remaining group. I would raise the ambient temperature of the enclosure up to 27 C to give them the best chance of getting healthy. It sounds like you are doing that or are about to try it using extra heaters. Good luck!

penpolice

south korea
I see. I have heard about T.g. terrestris from Jordan hibernating, so that makes sense with regard to the breeder. I think some other locales of T.g. terrestris do not.

While they may be able to handle cold temps at night when healthy, if they are sick it may only be making the sickness worse. Tortoise's immune systems rely on getting up to temperature to function. If you've already lost some, it's likely that some illness is still circulating in remaining group. I would raise the ambient temperature of the enclosure up to 27 C to give them the best chance of getting healthy. It sounds like you are doing that or are about to try it using extra heaters. Good luck!
Thank you very much! I wil set the heaters up in my enclosure to make them warm up. Thank you for your advice!!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Outside enclose looks nice and protected you need similar to indoor with foliage, tubes. Water, and food etc.... Temperature will also need checking to make sure it is correct for them when outside. Good luck and thanks for sharing. Fascinating to see .

penpolice

south korea
Outside enclose looks nice and protected you need similar to indoor with foliage, tubes. Water, and food etc.... Temperature will also need checking to make sure it is correct for them when outside. Good luck and thanks for sharing. Fascinating to see .
Thank you for advice. I will check them all as your advice. I hope my torts will be happy and healthy:)