Sleeping/Blanket???

LittleLove

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I know you all say don't take your turtle out etc. But the last couple of days I have been taking him out and putting him on a blanket, and I do not leave his side. When I put him on the blanket after a couple of min. Of walking around and exploring he finds a place on the blanket under the ripples on It. Does anyone know why??

LittleLove

Arizona
I know you all say don't take your turtle out etc. But the last couple of days I have been taking him out and putting him on a blanket, and I do not leave his side. When I put him on the blanket after a couple of min. Of walking around and exploring he finds a place on the blanket under the ripples on It. Does anyone know why?? And he falls asleep

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
I know you all say don't take your turtle out etc. But the last couple of days I have been taking him out and putting him on a blanket, and I do not leave his side. When I put him on the blanket after a couple of min. Of walking around and exploring he finds a place on the blanket under the ripples on It. Does anyone know why??
I’m guessing he feels too exposed and is trying to hide himself instinctively

LittleLove

Arizona
Oh no, so Freds probably is really uncomfortable being on the blanket, oh my and I thought he liked walking around. You learn something new everyday. Thanks Renee I appreciate you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He really needs his own designated space outside with sun and shade, water and some cover from plants, even a hide.
We have seen so many get lost because they didn't have a designated enclosure and the owners looked away just for a second and the tort was gone.

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
Oh no, so Freds probably is really uncomfortable being on the blanket, oh my and I thought he liked walking around. You learn something new everyday. Thanks Renee I appreciate you.
I’ve found an easy way to make a simple enclosure that’s inexpensive is from Home Depot. They sell these cement blocks to make flower beds. Just have them cut down a board for you into four boards to make the length and width you want. Nice because you can always increase the size over time as he grows and make a top for it if you want to allow some unsupervised time. You could add a few potted plants to create shade. I’m going to attach a picture so you know what I’m talking about. I added dirt to mine to plant seeds but it would be easy to set up and take down move around the yard etc if you just want a temp way to get some sunshine that isn’t permanent yet while he’s little.IMG_0346.jpeg