sleepy baby!

alliemorrison

Hello again! We've had little maybelle just over a week & she seems to sleep a lot. I understand she's a baby & is going to take her fair share of naps I'm just wondering how much is normal? Just trying to learn all I can! She's very active in the morning and afternoon. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1442778219.875053.jpg
here's a picture of her outside a little while ago.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They sleep a lot. The hottest parts of the days is when they would be hiding out and sleeping in the wild. As long as she eats drinks bask then things should be good. Be sure to read Toms threads below for proper housing, temps humidity etc

alliemorrison

They sleep a lot. The hottest parts of the days is when they would be hiding out and sleeping in the wild. As long as she eats drinks bask then things should be good. Be sure to read Toms threads below for proper housing, temps humidity etc
Her enclosure is to tom's recommendations. She's active otherwise. I just wanted to make sure she's acting normal. Thank you!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
It is very normal for them to sleep a lot...your baby is cute...looks like you're doing a good job!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
What a sweet baby!
So lovely!