Sleepy tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeninak907

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
My russian has become less active in she just stays in her hide. If i take her out to sit under her heat lamp and day light she gets active, eats then goes back to sleep. Is she starting to hibernate? I am pretty sure she is WC because her perviouse owners bought her from petco. thanks jenna

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hmmm, I do not know what part of the world you live in but brumation is not something that I would suspect just yet??

I would suggest you confirm your temps...with the weather being warm right now you may need to adjust your heat source ---sometimes in the summer months the weather is already warmer then add on the heat lamp you have and you may have too high a temp going on and which case may encourage aestivation if the enclosure is too hot....

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
I live in alaska. So not like the lower 48. During the day i have the heat lamp and day light on, at night i turn them off. it gets about 100 under the lights and 75 on the cool end. at night it stay about 65-70.
thanks for the info.

ascott said:
Hmmm, I do not know what part of the world you live in but brumation is not something that I would suspect just yet??

I would suggest you confirm your temps...with the weather being warm right now you may need to adjust your heat source ---sometimes in the summer months the weather is already warmer then add on the heat lamp you have and you may have too high a temp going on and which case may encourage aestivation if the enclosure is too hot....

Status
Not open for further replies.