Slight clicking noise

Tortoisegirl97

Hey,
My horesfield is being quite lazy and he loves to sleep more than anything but i was holding him this morning and every breath he takes makes a tiny clicking noise. He doesn't breathe with his mouth open and he still eats his food. He gets daily soaks too. I keep him in topsoil.

Any ideas if this is normal or if it is really bad?

Thank you

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hey,
My horesfield is being quite lazy and he loves to sleep more than anything but i was holding him this morning and every breath he takes makes a tiny clicking noise. He doesn't breathe with his mouth open and he still eats his food. He gets daily soaks too. I keep him in topsoil.

Any ideas if this is normal or if it is really bad?

Thank you

Clicking, chirping, beak grinding and other vocalizations are not unusual..if the tort is business as usual in all other ways I would not become too alarmed..if you google tortois3 mating..or common tortoise sounds you will see some of what I refer to..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Clicking, chirping, beak grinding and other vocalizations are not unusual..if the tort is business as usual in all other ways I would not become too alarmed..if you google tortois3 mating..or common tortoise sounds you will see some of what I refer to..

Wel, you won't "see" what I mean but you will "hear"..lol