Small cut on tort :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MnM10

5 Year Member
Earlier I noticed a small cut under Flash's ear. Was wondering if it could have been from his shell? He was desperately trying to get out of his bath yesterday.

Attachments

• image-4074306020.png
    image-4074306020.png
    498.4 KB · Views: 105

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Awww poor thing. I always wondered if their shell had ever hurt one. It could be his shell, could be a stick if he has been out side. Hard to say.looks almost like the one spot on his shell could have done it though

MnM10

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Awww poor thing. I always wondered if their shell had ever hurt one. It could be his shell, could be a stick if he has been out side. Hard to say.looks almost like the one spot on his shell could have done it though

I feel bad. Especially when I soak him I was pouring water on his and he flinched. Do they heal fast?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I would use a small squeeze bottle and fill it with warm water and gently flush that spot to make sure it stays clean....it is close to an area that can become infected and create a problem around that ear area....it looks good and clean and I would just keep it that way. If you take your tort outdoors I would be sure that flies don't land on that spot--that can turn out gross.....

Just keep it clean and clear and it should heal up pretty quickly, I would also run your finger along the shell area there and see if perhaps there is a sharp spot and if so I would gently smooth that spot with a gently filing (not like doing a set of nails but just barely enough to remove a sharp spot) :D

MnM10

5 Year Member
ascott said:
I would use a small squeeze bottle and fill it with warm water and gently flush that spot to make sure it stays clean....it is close to an area that can become infected and create a problem around that ear area....it looks good and clean and I would just keep it that way. If you take your tort outdoors I would be sure that flies don't land on that spot--that can turn out gross.....

Just keep it clean and clear and it should heal up pretty quickly, I would also run your finger along the shell area there and see if perhaps there is a sharp spot and if so I would gently smooth that spot with a gently filing (not like doing a set of nails but just barely enough to remove a sharp spot) :D

I'm keeping it as clean as I can but he loves to get dirty so I rinse his head a lot lol. And I haate flies landing on me so I always scare em away from Flash too. They're gross. I don't like it so I don't see why I should let them land on him ya know. And most of his edges are sharp he rubs against me a lot when he's roaming around outside. I didn't know I could lightly file it though. I always feel like it'll hurt him. But thanks I'll check him out again tomorrow when he's up.

chris_m90731

5 Year Member
Put some hydrogen peroxide on it with a q-tip, just in case. I do the same thing for my beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.