Small turtle

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I got in a small water turtle recently. I have not had aquatics for a lot of years. But I still had equipment so set him up in a big aquarium because it's still cold here. My question...he's 5"scl...and not going to get much bigger. Spring and summer my box turtles are outside with a land part and a hand dug sorta pool. It is all surrounded by 2 high cinder blocks...I had a Russian who escaped from there regularly...the jerk...but do we think a small water turtle can escape that?039.JPG009.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
So this non electronics literate person tried something with that little turtle that I ended up with...If this works...picture him saying...oh please I'm so hungry...please come on...those 3 big nightcrawlers and those pellets were not enough...I'm hungry...the bologna from your sandwich didn't get it...I'M HUNGRY!!!

Ok so I accidentally made a video of this little turtle...clear and sharp...but it won't post...guess I go watch Swamp People...

Last edited:

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
So this non electronics literate person tried something with that little turtle that I ended up with...If this works...picture him saying...oh please I'm so hungry...please come on...those 3 big nightcrawlers and those pellets were not enough...I'm hungry...the bologna from your sandwich didn't get it...I'M HUNGRY!!!

Ok so I accidentally made a video of this little turtle...clear and sharp...but it won't post...guess I go watch Swamp People...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You have to copy/paste the URL off the video page and paste it here in your thread.

Also, some species of water turtle are VERY good climbers. I would think a water turtle, with their sharp pointy claws would be able to climb the cinder blocks. You can foil them by placing some sort of horizontal lip on the top brick.