Smart Tortoise Enclosure, even better than anticipated!

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Charleston, SC
I ordered two, 4’ x 3’ Smart Tortoise Enclosures from @Markw84 and I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out. Photos don’t do these justice. Highly recommended! My order varied slight from the standard with upgraded radiant heat panels and humidity control. Humidity is holding perfectly without any external mister/fogger and I would agree with Mark the contoller is unnecessary with these closed chamber enclosures.

Attachments

• 47788873-97B8-4097-B865-8CA8D38D5AD6.jpeg
    47788873-97B8-4097-B865-8CA8D38D5AD6.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 78809DF5-5195-43E8-AB4A-4FB319EB534B.jpeg
    78809DF5-5195-43E8-AB4A-4FB319EB534B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 119
  • BF0FF3F8-929C-4B07-8D9D-BA8C38EBAC5B.jpeg
    BF0FF3F8-929C-4B07-8D9D-BA8C38EBAC5B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • 66DAC526-8BD7-478E-A32E-B9A63D0B44B2.jpeg
    66DAC526-8BD7-478E-A32E-B9A63D0B44B2.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 114
  • B2D39AD9-C4DE-46F2-B4FB-F5CE576FF2CB.jpeg
    B2D39AD9-C4DE-46F2-B4FB-F5CE576FF2CB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
  • 38D052B9-84A2-498C-8D10-6363E45360D8.jpeg
    38D052B9-84A2-498C-8D10-6363E45360D8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
I agree that they look fantastic. A nice furniture addition to any room. But the real magic is how well they work. So easy to maintain excellent growing conditions. I love mine.
I really like the flush mounted LEDs and how much light they provide, especially bouncing off the white interior walls. I built an 18” stand and its the perfect height for two units. Already saving for more!

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I really like the flush mounted LEDs and how much light they provide, especially bouncing off the white interior walls. I built an 18” stand and its the perfect height for two units. Already saving for more!
You and I and everyone who has actually seen or used one of these enclosures understands how perfectly designed and built they are for tortoises. But I had no idea until I actually saw one and tried it out. I wish there was some way to use the typed word and explain to people how perfect these enclosures are, how well they work, and how they are BY FAR, the best value for the money.

I could type up a new care sheet for tortoises. It would simply say: If you want success at tortoise keeping, use a Smart Enclosure!!!

KellBob

Arvada, Colorado
Well thanks in no small part to you guys, this thread and the multiple others like it- Mark just got some more work thrown on his plate for my very first enclosure for our first tortoise today!

Long story short- was about to bring a baby burmese star home to an open enclosure in Colorado (with a humid hide) and a powersun bulb for basking. Fortunately, when I was trying to find any information on specifics of enclosure settings, I came across both Tom and Mark's Stickys. Granted, I'm no reptile vet, but I am a human physician, and from what I know of the similarities and differences between mammalian and reptilian physiology- everything about the "Monsoon Method" sets off those slot machine bells in my head because it makes complete physiologic, biologic, and evolutionary sense to me. I knew I needed to put the brakes on my whole operation and scrap the open enclosure idea and figure out a way to create this environment. Didn't take too long in my head to add up what it would take to do it right. Took an even shorter amount of time after seeing these enclosures to reach out to Mark!

Really glad I found this forum as it seems like there are some passionate and like-minded folks out there when it comes to animal care.

Now just comes quite possibly the most difficult part- waiting in line for my enclosure :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Well thanks in no small part to you guys, this thread and the multiple others like it- Mark just got some more work thrown on his plate for my very first enclosure for our first tortoise today!

Long story short- was about to bring a baby burmese star home to an open enclosure in Colorado (with a humid hide) and a powersun bulb for basking. Fortunately, when I was trying to find any information on specifics of enclosure settings, I came across both Tom and Mark's Stickys. Granted, I'm no reptile vet, but I am a human physician, and from what I know of the similarities and differences between mammalian and reptilian physiology- everything about the "Monsoon Method" sets off those slot machine bells in my head because it makes complete physiologic, biologic, and evolutionary sense to me. I knew I needed to put the brakes on my whole operation and scrap the open enclosure idea and figure out a way to create this environment. Didn't take too long in my head to add up what it would take to do it right. Took an even shorter amount of time after seeing these enclosures to reach out to Mark!

Really glad I found this forum as it seems like there are some passionate and like-minded folks out there when it comes to animal care.

Now just comes quite possibly the most difficult part- waiting in line for my enclosure :)
Hello and welcome!

Another crisis averted! THAT is what we do it for.

Your wisdom will be rewarded with an excellent and enjoyable tortoise keeping experience.

hydro708

ANAHEIM
So I am thinking about buying a smart enclosure.... and wanted to know how easy do the come apart and go back together? Are they still strong enough to stack units?

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
So I am thinking about buying a smart enclosure.... and wanted to know how easy do the come apart and go back together? Are they still strong enough to stack units?
They assemble and disassemble, incredibly easily. The parts all slide together like Lego blocks. Yes, they are strong enough to stack.

Reactions: Tom