SO SAD! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Kat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
LA
:(

I had such high hopes. Morla had been doing SO great since I brought him back from the vet. I was tube feeding him and he was okay with that. He LOVED being outside and was starting to try to eat and play...

I took him outside this afternoon and he seemed great. He had some weird bubbles coming from his mouth (not nose) and I took a picture cause I thought it seemed odd. After he tried to eat some more I took him inside to give him some rest. I put him in his enclosure and he kinda went into his shell. I figured he was napping - we had just had about 30-45 min outside and perhaps he needed some down time. A bit later I took him up to tube feed him adn he didn't respond to me at all...

I put him in warm water and he didn't blink.

I think I knew it then... but I didn't want to admit it. I called the vet and took him right in.

Morla died tonight. I am so sad and have such a heavy heart. I have been tube feeding him and giving injections for the last week. I have tried so hard to save his little amazing life... and I failed. I waited too long. I hate that I didn't know then what I know now. :( I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I keep thinking that if I had found this forum (or ANY better information) before now I could have saved him. My only warm spot is that perhaps I offered him some comfort in his last days. :( I tried so hard to fix the problems... but it was jut too late. I really REALLY hope to help other tort parents learn and know all the things I had tried so hard to find out! I know I was given a ton of $hit information, but I am also not stupid! I searched and searched on how to care for him, how to make him the most healthy little guy ever, it just turns out that a LOT of what I learned was wrong.

I am looking at his empty enclosure...

I am sad.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
My deepest sympathies. :(
71646dca.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I am so very sorry, I know you were doing and did all you could..

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I feel your pain. I lost my 32 year old Ornate a few weeks ago. Sometimes these things happen and no matter what we do it is inevitable. So sorry...hugs...

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I am so sorry to hear about your tortie! Hang in there. It's just awful when things like this happen, try not to blame yourself, you did the best you could do and sometimes it's bigger than that. {{{{hugs}}}}}}

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry to hear, some of us have lost long term turtles recently so we know what you are going through, I can only suggest to you to use your experience and knowledge for the future what ever it may be.

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there. Things happen. Now you are better prepared for next time.

Miss_Kat

5 Year Member
LA
thank you all so much for your kind words and support. I feel for all of you who have been or are going through what I am now. I just really REALLY wish I had found this forum earlier, cause I know I could have saved him. I met some ppl in petsmart who were buying the coil lights that I have read cause blindness, I advised them against buying them, and told them about the forum. They were really happy and hopefully have been on here and are finding out how to take better care of their little guy. I hope that our loss can help others do better.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
take your loss and learn from it and help others.. THAT is awsome! I admire that..
but Im really sorry for the loss.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
So sorry Kate:( You did everything that you could to pull him through.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Hey, Kat, I was just reading your thread about Morla and his health troubles. I'm so sorry for your loss:(

Status
Not open for further replies.