Soak Tub Advice

Ruszian Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
TX
Hi,
For the last few years I have been using a clean, plastic litter box (we don't have cats, bought this for my tortoise) to soak my tortoise in. Recently, I was observing her, and as she was trying to climb out of the tub, her little claws came about an inch away from the top edge. I have a pink, smaller tub that will fit my tortoise, but is less roomy. However, it has taller sides. Which tub should I use?
Thank you so much!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I'd use the taller one. You said she fits in it...all she needs to be able to do is turn around in it.
Once those claws reach the top of her old one, she'll do pullups til she's out. Depending on where you do the soaks, a fall can be devastating.

Ruszian Tortoise

TX
I'd use the taller one. You said she fits in it...all she needs to be able to do is turn around in it.
Once those claws reach the top of her old one, she'll do pullups til she's out. Depending on where you do the soaks, a fall can be devastating.
Ok! I'll take a picture of her soaking in it...

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Thats fine.. its just to soak. My guy loves soaking .. he just lays there for 30 min lol till he poops then starts the climb

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Stay close by while she soaks. Trying to get out of the tub is good exercise and encourages pooping. If she fell backward, I think she would have difficulty righting herself in that space. That's not a reason to not use that tub...just don't leave her alone.