Soaking/Poop question !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I have a question....I always see people talking about their torts pooping while being soaked. Tallula has only ever pooped ONCE in the bath. (I soak her in our bath)Maybe she is too shy to do it when I am there?! I soak her twice/three times a week. Is this cause for concern? Eeeek, my nerves.

Oh FYI - I soak her for about 15/20mins in warm water!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz, I only saw Hermy poo in his bath a couple of times since I have him (maybe 3 or 4 times). He always poo when he walks around of his enclosure. O my, if Hermy and Tallula knew we were talking about their poo, I am sure they would be all shy now :p

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hahahaha Isa thats funny !!! I'm sure they would be like "mom, thats NOT cool, you don't talk about my poop" Haha :p
Ok, so maybe she just gets shy cos I'm watching her! Lol. I've only had Tallula for a few months, and only found out I had to soak her when I joined this forum!
So hopefully she'll start pooping in the water so I don't worry lol. I've fund a poop in her waterbowl once or twice, which is great!

How often would you say torts poop???

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
Hahahaha Isa thats funny !!! I'm sure they would be like "mom, thats NOT cool, you don't talk about my poop" Haha :p
Ok, so maybe she just gets shy cos I'm watching her! Lol. I've only had Tallula for a few months, and only found out I had to soak her when I joined this forum!
So hopefully she'll start pooping in the water so I don't worry lol. I've fund a poop in her waterbowl once or twice, which is great!

How often would you say torts poop???

Haha I am sure they would say that in tort language :D. Maybe it is not because you are watching her, maybe she is just like that because I do not watch Hermy when he is in his bath, he is relaxed a lot but will not poop. Maybe it is just they way they are?
I would say Hermy poop once a day or every 2 days. Sometimes, it can goes up to 4 or even once 5 days.
What about Tallula?

Stazz

5 Year Member
I'm not too sure actually, I haven't really found a routine that she poops in....it may be easier for me if I found a lighter substrate....hmmmm. Cos I use a kind of soil now, and her poop is the same color as the soil, so a lighter substrate would definitely be easier for me to detect poop! :p lol.

I will ask what substrates are lighter in color!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
I'm not too sure actually, I haven't really found a routine that she poops in....it may be easier for me if I found a lighter substrate....hmmmm. Cos I use a kind of soil now, and her poop is the same color as the soil, so a lighter substrate would definitely be easier for me to detect poop! :p lol.

I will ask what substrates are lighter in color!

I heard a lot of tortoises love aspen. Hermy hates it, he does not even want to walk in it.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hmmmm.....and do you know of any other substrate that is lighter in color? I just posted a thread about it, so hopefully there are more things out there!

M

Maggie Cummings

I think that sometimes we are too concerned about poop. If you can't see it to pick it up I think that's a good thing. Less work. Some torts don't poop in the bath...nice tort he has manners...stop worrying so much relax and enjpy your tort...:D

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hahahaha thanks Maggie :D I just love your honesty ! I just worry that she isn't pooping, and I wouldn't know it! cos that would be bad!!
She does have manners :D Every night I get home from work, I take Tallula out of her enclosure, I lie on my bed, and I put her on my chest and we just lie there quietly. I do that to give her a once over and listen for squeaky breathing...last night she was snoozing on my chest, and she pooped in her sleep !!!! At least I know she pooped haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.