Some folks just never learn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
And that someone would be me!!! I have a few nice days here and cleaned up my outdoor pen, got the water running and put my guys out. Louise (my little ornate) and my Redfoots. The weather was 70's and beautiful. Well went to bring them back in as its cold and rainy and gee guess what??? Cannot find the little rat!! (This is the 3rd time!!!) Last year we had a few very mild days and then it turned freezing, I was heartsick she was gone, (We had just rebuilt the entire pen and even though I knew she could not have gotten out, (buried the fencing, no holes) but it was still new. I was on my hands and knees with a frikken hand rake, and went inch by inch, she was gone!!! For 3 months!!!!! Must have been forced into hibernation, you would think I would learn. Tonight it's 40's and I have been out there twice. My hubby said 'don't worry she's buried down fine'' But it make me sick to think shes out there in this cold..
Oh Terry you know how it is. and now its my 3rd darn time. Some people are thick!!!But how could I leave her in on some of those marvelous days?
Anyway.
Thanks for letting me vent, (about myself) and now I have to just wait it out. (Another whole years worth of growth and there is no finding anything it my pen.Good for little Louise I guess.
Nay

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nay, she will be fine. I know we think of them as our sweet little fragile critters, but in reality they are still wild animals who have learned how to adapt and survive. It's also just a slight cold snap that won't be too cold nor for too long, not like it would have been with the entire winter ahead of it. Listen to your husband, she is buried down somewhere and will be running out and about in the sunshine soon.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Thanks, I know.. But.. But.. But...
Last time it took 3 months!!!
(appreciate the post!!)

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
lol ... you may need to get her a container that you can just set outside and if you cant find her you can just pick it up and move indoor. I am sure she will be fine, but totally understand the worry.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Nay, yes I totally understand. My husband says ....give up, but I'm not giving up. This Summer I have to re-plant a tree that died and I'll be on my hands and knees again....looking. I know you will find her. Wait for a really warm day, and sprinkle the hose a bit in the early morning. Maybe she will come out. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.