Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
After I put down a bunch of greens from my garden, I got a glimpse of Medea's back leg and thought it might be of interest to you too. Medea is 65lbs and wild caught.

6-13-11MEP-1.jpg

Just look at those spurs! The Manouria emys phayrei is sometimes called the eight-legged tortoise. Besides the spurs on her thighs, look at the configuration of the back foot. How would you like for that to stomp on your bare foot?

This one is of Darth. He's the resident male. He was coming in the door to get at the food, and he came at me too fast for good pictures, but look at his gular. I don't think they use that for fighting. Its big, but its round. Also, see his beak. It grows with a scallop shape, then flares out on the sides.

6-13-11MEP-3.jpg

And this is his boy tail:

6-13-11MEP-5.jpg

And last, but not least, Phay is building a nest:

6-13-11MEPnest-1.jpg

6-13-11MEPnest-3.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Looks like the back leg of a adult Sulcata.. Thanks for sharing all your photo's today Yvonne..

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Wow great pics, its nice to see pics of a species that is not all that well known or commonly kept, I don't think I have ever seen pictures of one that big.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I guess it would have been nice to include a picture where you can see the whole tortoise...sorry 'bout that:

6-13-11MEP-6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.