Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gila-91

5 Year Member
The first time I ever heard of Manouria emys they were referred to as six legged or six footed tortoises. I understand that name is still in occasional use, and comes from the unusually large spurs on the rear of the thighs, but I haven't seen very many of this species in person, and all have been relatively small. I understand some get very large spurs but I have never seen pictures of them.

Here is a picture of mine

MEP005_zpsc3d9a4ee.jpg

Is this fairly typical of the size, or do they get larger? Anyone have pictures to share?

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Wow!! I have never seen one!!
That is really cool!!! :) :) It looks like three tails!!
Can you please post more pics?......of his face? I would love to see more of this guy!!

gila-91

5 Year Member
So are the spurs in these pictures pretty typical, or do they get larger. From what I have heard that would be the case, but they may have been exaggerations.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
gila-91 said:
So are the spurs in these pictures pretty typical, or do they get larger. From what I have heard that would be the case, but they may have been exaggerations.

I too am interested to see more images of this.

If you had called your thread "tortoise Butts" it may have already had 1000 views. You know what I mean?

Will

gila-91

5 Year Member
Will said:
If you had called your thread "tortoise Butts" it may have already had 1000 views. You know what I mean?

Yup, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.