Some of my younger friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
I weigh WR on a regulare scale, but I have a special made colume that I use to set him on that give even preasure on the scales and on his Plastron(sp). his legs hang down and he can't move around so I get a pretty accurate reading. Last time i weighed him he was 73lbs but that was several months ago... he's about due again.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Thanks baron!

Zamric said:
I have a special made colume that I use to set him on that give even preasure on the scales and on his Plastron(sp). his legs hang down and he can't move around
LOL you are so fancy if I need mine immobilized for something (I rarely do) I put them on an upside down 5gallon bucket covered with a towel... How's that for a 'special made column' haha. I usually take them to the veterinarian for weighing, I should get a better house scale I guess. I am good about weighing the little ones religiously but at a certain size it becomes impractical and they get yearly weights at best : /

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
hahahahah

I was an Iron Worker for many years and this "Special made Column" is a left over from those days (made for a building but never used). I used to use it as a pedistol for one of my Dragon statues but now use a 3"x3" wooden block just so I could use the column for WR. It lifts him up about 6"... just enough to immoblize him.

Katherine

5 Year Member
e3ed1288.jpg
party of five?

M

Maggie Cummings

They're beautiful. Bob was weighed at the Vet last Friday at 115 pounds. He's 14 years old this year...His pyramids at still pretty obvious...

dlowua.jpg

Katherine

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
They're beautiful. Bob was weighed at the Vet last Friday at 115 pounds. He's 14 years old this year...His pyramids at still pretty obvious...

He is very handsome! I really should get mine onto the scale... When you transport Bob do you use a dolly? Or muscles ; ) ? Mine are eager to follow me so it's easy to bribe them to new walkable locations but I am not strong enough to swing them up into a vehicle unaided. I will have to be very sweet to my husband this week and then ask him for a heavy trip to the clinic...

M

Maggie Cummings

katherine said:
maggie3fan said:

He is very handsome! I really should get mine onto the scale... When you transport Bob do you use a dolly? Or muscles ; ) ? Mine are eager to follow me so it's easy to bribe them to new walkable locations but I am not strong enough to swing them up into a vehicle unaided. I will have to be very sweet to my husband this week and then ask him for a heavy trip to the clinic...

Bob is taken around to events often so he is used to being handled. We have the 'Bob cart' that he gets in then we push him around to the car and then my son (or whoever) and I give a big heft into the vehicle. Or he follows my wiggling fingers, he understands orders

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I really enjoyed the picture with the dragqueen hair! :D

Maggie, that picture really shows off those legs!

Status
Not open for further replies.