some progress on saturn

Emily Contreras

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
So my baby tortoise, is growing but slowly, which is normal for a tortoise, i think..

Hes gets soaked once a day for 30 minutes in luke warm water. He hates it. He eats like CRAZY! We feed him lots of dandelions, prickly pear cactus, and even the fruit sometimes, when we forget to soak him ( i'm sure we've all had those days..) we feed him stuff like romain lettuce and stuff with lots of water.

He HATES being held, but its winter so he hasn't been outside lately... Meaning we dont really have to handle him alot like we used to, he probably just needs to get used to it.

What he eats daily is
one slice of a fruit, like a strawberry or something.
some chopped up romain lettuce
dandelions
weeds
grass sprinkled on top
greenbeans

I have a huge bag of veggies that my grandpa grows. He never uses pesticides. I put all of that in one bowl that is the size of a mason jar lid, he eats it ALL! In only like an hour too! Saturn is still 2 1/2 inches but has gotten way heavier, I think he is now 100 g! But when he poops he gets way lighter.
He has 100% gotten... wider? I dont really know how to explain it, the like.. creases inbetween his scutes got darker and bigger. He is still impossible to keep clean, hes litterally ALWAYS digging around. His cage is always 80-90 degrees with 90% humidity. I can NEVER get it to 100% ... 90% seems to be fine !

Emily Contreras

Arizona

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome the fruit really needs to go. I might feed my sully a small piece of fruit once a month.