10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Tuck on a walk about.
20hngxh.jpg

Trey being sneaky in the bushes.
i351xy.jpg

Daisy walking in the "rain". Its almost 80 degrees here today.
34fkzsg.jpg

Daisy getting a drink from the rain puddle.
2vnifeh.jpg

Scooter and Bertha, doing what they do every day.
vnyo01.jpg

Chewy preparing to make another deposit. She's been telling me for three days that this was coming.
3516zx0.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Great pictures, love the sulcatas breeding and nest digging!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
ShadowRancher said:
Great pics! Tuck and Trey look very smooth. All of them are, of course, gorgeous.

Awe, thanks. Tuck and Trey (and Tulee, who I gave away) were my first three tortoises that I raised with the full "wet" routine from hatching. I am still pretty happy with the results. Daisy started out with the dry routine before I got her and was already pyramided, but she was my first "guinea pig" with the wet routine. I started slow with her, but gradually got it wetter and wetter. She's now four years old and each of her scutes and growth lines is a living record, or showcase, of dry vs. hydrated. You can actually see the transition from wet to dry in the changing angles of her pyramids. I raised Scooter and Bert and from hatchlings and Deloris was a year or two old when I got her. They are victims of the dry AND the "intentionally grow them slow" routine. I've had Bertha and Chewy for a little over a year, and who knows what they went through before coming to me. The history is a bit spotty, but what I was told didn't sound great.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
ALDABRAMAN said:
Great pictures, love the sulcatas breeding and nest digging!

I got 24 eggs. Her usual amount. 3 were broken. My lizard din't mind helping me out with the broken ones.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Tom there's so much going on at your place that I'm jealous. It's 24 degrees here and it's a good thing that I have two torts and some boxie hatchlings inside, to play with.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It is unseasonably warm here. Its over 80 degrees right now. We are usually in the 60's this time of year with only occasional warm days. Its been warm like this since before Christmas. Me and my torts are loving it, but my weeds are struggling... I'm just trying to take advantage of it and enjoy it as much as possible while it lasts. I know more cold weather is on the way.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Hey its my new sullies parents !! :) Aweome pictures Tom, I want all of my sullies to look like Trey and Tuck when they get that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.