some vacation pics

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
10550164_10203721567826904_2806481417299800773_o.jpg redwood.jpg redwood meadow.jpg I'm going to keep it rather short... The first pic is me with my finds from the Oceanview tourmaline mine. We spent a day digging through their rubble pile and I came up the big winner. The crystal on the left is kunzite, the one on the right is a blue capped pink tourmaline (It is closer to burgundy.. very deep pink).

The next two pics are from the redwoods....... A meadow/clearing surrounded by marvelous old growth redwood and sequoia. For all their great size, the sequoia pine cone is about the size of a sulcata hatchling - or less.

Just goes to show that great things oft come in little packages.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Congrats on your finds. Looks like you really enjoyed your time. That's Great!! !!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Completely awesome....I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to open meadows ....I just know that I would be the idiot in the meadow that encounters the last hidden rogue Grizzly Bear.....lol.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like you had a pretty nice vacation. Digging through the rubble was dirty work, huh?

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Play in the dirt, expect to get very dirty. It was a lot of fun. Didn't stop to eat or put on rain gear. Soft warm welcoming rain. To this desert dweller it was nice.