Something wrong with my Sulcata torotise?

AshleyFrench

Location (City and/or State)
Idaho
My Sulcata tortoise has slightly puffy eyes, is sleeping later into the day, I never see him drinking water, and his poop is like a watery blob when it comes out. Other than that, he is mostly active and eats well. The temperature stays around 85-95 degrees and his humidity jumps all over the place because I am still trying to figure out how to keep them the same at all times. I soak him for 30-60 minutes every other day. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with him?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A year old, right? Puffy eyes is never a good thing. What kind of light do you have over the enclosure, what kind of substrate? Show us a picture so we have a better idea what's going on.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My Sulcata tortoise has slightly puffy eyes, is sleeping later into the day, I never see him drinking water, and his poop is like a watery blob when it comes out. Other than that, he is mostly active and eats well. The temperature stays around 85-95 degrees and his humidity jumps all over the place because I am still trying to figure out how to keep them the same at all times. I soak him for 30-60 minutes every other day. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with him?
We need more info. What are you feeding him? How and where are you housing him? What are you using for UV, night heat, substrate?

AshleyFrench

Idaho
A year old, right? Puffy eyes is never a good thing. What kind of light do you have over the enclosure, what kind of substrate? Show us a picture so we have a better idea what's going on.
His eyes actually look fine now. Do you think it could’ve been that it was too dry in his enclosure? It was in the morning when I noticed it.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
If we can't get some pics and more information, then I hope he is really fine again after such a short time, and wish him all the best.
Dehydration is a big time killer and that does not get better by itself, and there may be other problems. Why not be sure?