Sore near mouth

My little guy has a cut\soar near his mouth. I have been watching it carefully but it is getting worse. It is as though we as humans would get in the corner of our lip. I have taken him off acidic fruit. He is on mixed greens. The soar has been there for over a week. I posted a concern earlier the he had white in the corner of his eyes. The responds the I got was that he wasn't getting enough humidity. I remedied this problem and his eyes cleared up within 48 hours. It was immediately after that the the soar appeared. Can anyone help me with an answer.

1423534209667.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
I am guessing this is also related to low humidity. Being caused by opening his mouth too wide when the skin is dry. Like chapped lips. Just guessing, Yvonne should be along to answer.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Hopefully someone with experience will be along soon to help you. I have seen these posts before, and am pretty sure they were told to ensure food is cut real small and perhaps use an antibiotic cream, but I don't know what kind. I will try to search n see if I can find anything.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Aww those pictures are cute, look how big and clear her eyes are :)

I don't think it's mouth rot, because in that first picture you can see inside the mouth it's all nice and pink, healthy looking. Mouth rot would have some white spots or fuzz in or around the mouth.

Like Jodie said, as to what it really is, hopefully someone more experienced will come along. It does look similar to what Jodie linked, though.