SPECIAL DELIVERY :)

Delilah1623

Mine gets soaked every day and I keep the humidity around 80%. He looked like that when he arrived and I thought it would get better but it's still dry looking.... so weird.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Mine gets soaked every day and I keep the humidity around 80%. He looked like that when he arrived and I thought it would get better but it's still dry looking.... so weird.
Looks like we're in the same boat. It will get better, I did notice an improvement however in both my tortoises slowly. Just my one cherryhead is still dryer looking than the other.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
image.jpg
Their carapace is starting to take shape. They are really starting to grow :) It's hard to tell in the pic but #18 is much longer than #11. #11 has a higher dome/carapace.
By the way the hubby named them
#11 Ruby
#18 Phoenix

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
:eek::eek: :) I have 10 and want more. So you have 4 northern redfoots and 2 brazillian cherryheads.
Holy moly...10 I'm jealous!! Aren't they addicting? Are you going to get more? Different types of torts or more reds & cherries? I do want to get some yellows...I'm pondering what to do!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Holy moly...10 I'm jealous!! Aren't they addicting? Are you going to get more? Different types of torts or more reds & cherries? I do want to get some yellows...I'm pondering what to do!
I want 2 female cherryheads to go with my male, and then i'm going to look at yellow foots. I also want to go into breeding them, trouble is not for the money and I'm not sure how I would feel about passing them on to people who don't know there needs. So its either keep em all:), educate buyers or involve zoo's some how. I need to build a rather large outbuilding first, so I can dedicate this to torts and tropical plants. Hoping to do later this year.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I want 2 female cherryheads to go with my male, and then i'm going to look at yellow foots. I also want to go into breeding them, trouble is not for the money and I'm not sure how I would feel about passing them on to people who don't know there needs. So its either keep em all:), educate buyers or involve zoo's some how. I need to build a rather large outbuilding first, so I can dedicate this to torts and tropical plants. Hoping to do later this year.
I ordered the raised garden bed

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
That's why I wasn't sure about yellowfoots, I know they get big but apparently they stay about the same size as the adult reds. I may get more cherries.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Oops I ordered a raised garden Bed that I'm going to somehow work into my tortoise table. It sucks that my torts are inside most of the year but they also need more room due to their mammoth growth!!
OMG Im going to do the same. Im also going to give them a separate area just incase they do breed and want to lay eggs. My males keep trying, They must be right thick skinned, won't take no for an answer. I have to take one of them out sometimes to give the others break.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
That's why I wasn't sure about yellowfoots, I know they get big but apparently they stay about the same size as the adult reds. I may get more cherries.
They can get slightly bigger a couple of inches. I Know where there is 4 adults for sale in uk but i'm not ready for them yet. Not fare to keep cramming em in, Although mine get plenty of exercise just that it has to be indoors:(

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
OMG Im going to do the same. Im also going to give them a separate area just incase they do breed and want to lay eggs. My males keep trying, They must be right thick skinned, won't take no for an answer. I have to take one of them out sometimes to give the others break.
I can't wait to get it and put it together & then show pics!!! But it looks like I'd have to do ramps and I'm not sure if I'm the biggest fan of them...only because of possible of falling or something. So we shall wait & see what happens. I've always done open top with large humid hides & that's what I'm going to continue to do.