Spider hatching today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Laura said:
Are its legs ok?

All four are fine. This baby had just come out of the egg when the photo was taken. Imagine being crammed into a rubbermaid bucket for months. You would probably feel a bit curled and your arms/legs would probably be stiff. ;)

Eggs aren't quite like little beds for them. More like a sleeping bag...that's rolled up and tied really tight...with them still in it! :p

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Thats a cute way of explaining it Tim & Robin !!!! WHAT A BEAUTY !!!!!!! :D Congrats - I love to witness this, even though its not in person. I love to learn all these new things....i.e had never heard of a spider tortoise before. They sure are lovely torts. Congrats again :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow, beautiful (both the mother and the little baby). Congrats, you are doing an amazing job :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you for sharing this with us. I have never seen a baby Spider Tortoise born. She is wonderful. I loved the update please send more when you get them. The mother is beautiful. Good job you guys and tell the girls again congratulations.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Candy said:
I loved the update please send more when you get them.

As if I (Robin) need any encouragement to send more photos :p. This month alone I have near 700 photos of tortoises on my computer (a bit of a geek I am). When the back of the neck begins chaffing due to the camera strap, you may be spending too much time with your camera:D.

Here is a photo today. So 2 days later and her colors have changed and she's flattened out.
20090529_5724.jpg

Here is the original top-view when she first hatched this week.
20090527_5196.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.