[split] Pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildredpony

5 Year Member
My husband decided that I needed another russian so he went to a place called scales&tails they had two and I got the one that looked the healthyest he was all over the place there. Any way the problem is the were feeding him greens with carrots and corn? I brought him home gave him a soak and feed him spring mix only he ate it fine but he had a loose stool with carrot in it. how long before his system is cleaned out? does anyone know?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hydration will aid in passing items in their gut.....so I would soak him each day in a warm water soak for about 20-30 minutes (he may act like a maniac trying to get out---this is good exercise and exercise can help the body move out the waste....I also would spray water on his food to help to offer up more hydration....it can take 2 weeks plus to move a gut full of food through a tort.....;)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay area
You should also keep in mind that a loose stool can be a sign of a parasitic infestation. Keep an eye on the stool for any live worms and take a sample to your vet to have it checked. Keep up the soaking and congratulations on the new addition to your family

Status
Not open for further replies.