Spring finally comes to Ohio...

teriangeletti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
so when and what temps can I start getting the baby (8 month old sulcatta) outdoors???!!!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Well I hope Ohio has great weather cause tommarrow I'll be with my grandkids in Ohio . I wish I was there NOW !

teriangeletti

5 Year Member
Ohio
I took my RT out in the mid 60's...he chased a dry grape led all over the yard!! I am convinced DIgger's only concern outside is finding shade or something to hide under! The baby sulcatta- haven't taken him out yet. We have had only a couple days that hit 60 ish and there has been a wind.... they are saying 70's are coming soon so I am hopeful!!!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
teriangeletti said:
I took my RT out in the mid 60's...he chased a dry grape led all over the yard!! I am convinced DIgger's only concern outside is finding shade or something to hide under! The baby sulcatta- haven't taken him out yet. We have had only a couple days that hit 60 ish and there has been a wind.... they are saying 70's are coming soon so I am hopeful!!!

I am right there with ya, I have had rt out but want to take sully out soon!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I don't know what part of Ohio she is in, but no wind?? That never happens!!

Grandpa Turtle, it has gotten a little better since last week. What part of Ohio are you visiting your grandkids in?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I'm an hr away from cleveland & I got ground temps of 74 with 85 on the stones today, in the sun! Took russian out but not sully :(

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
ok. im only 10 to 15 minutes east of Cleveland, right against the Lake. It's a bit chillier here. :(

teriangeletti

5 Year Member
Ohio
It got to 24 last night...but mid 60 for the next week (daytime). I am in Columbus and still don't feel comfortable with him out ydid take high bulb in the tank down from 150 to 100....he seems to sense spring is here and now is oput more....LOVES the first dandelions from the yard!!!Yay!!! Anyone from Ohio got any experience and advice????? He is larger than my 10 yr old russian so I really really want to get this right!!!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'm in the Cleveland area, 2 miles from Lake Erie. So our weather is a bit different than yours I think. We had snow yesterday. I probably won't take my box turtles outside for at least another month.