Sqeaking sounds??

Status
Not open for further replies.

erica anne

5 Year Member
Y tortoise Is about 2 years old and is typically very active until bed time. Nut for the past two days he has been staying in the same place and making squeaking sounds, the only time he will move is to eat and I have to soak him to make sure he stays hydrated. Is this normal? I think I may take him in to be looked at because he is not acting like himself at all.

mercurysmom

5 Year Member
Is it colder than usual? Sometimes my Sulcatas get lazy and lethargic when the weather is wintery, even though their enclosure stays at 90 degrees. I wouldn't worry unless he stops eating. Just keep soaking him and keep him warm. And make sure he has UVB/UVA or just some real sunlight. It's winter so he might just be missing his sun.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
The squealing sound could be various things. Even though he's eating, there could be something going on in his intestinal tract. Had he been peeing and pooping as usual? Is his enclosure humid and warm? What are the readings? The thing to watch out watch for is dehydration and not eating. Torts have a very slow process for defecating. If your tort were to be eating rocks, for instance, those may be impacting him. He'll slow down, won't eat as much, and when he's trying to go, he'll be straining so hard that it hurts him. That's when you bear that squealing sound. Please keep an eye on him and let us know of any changes.

erica anne

5 Year Member
Well he went poop three days ago, and he started having issues two days ago. He does like to move around in the rocks when he goes outside a lot, but his enclosure is warm and he has a humidity hut for night time. I soak him every other day and he is eating. I will let you know!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Rocks can be a bad thing, Cooper use to try and eat them when he was younger. They can cause an impaction. Is there any discharge from the nose? If you dont see any poop soon then there could be a problem. Good luck!

erica anne

5 Year Member
Thankyou guys! I will let you all know. If I don't see any poop I will take him in.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I'm a worry wort when it comes to my babies, but thats what I would do also if you dont find any poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.