Squash Or Pumpkin Leaves For Toroises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Are squash or pumpkin leaves good for tortoises,specifically Sulcatas?Could these leaves be fed to them without harm?Do they get any benefits by eating them?If yes,what are the benefits?
Thanks.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Just don't use any chemical fertalizers on them as you grow them. Mine all love the leaves especially the flowers, yummy tortie food!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have to agree mine love grape squash and pumpkin leaves. Like said above make sure they are chemical free.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Mine love all 3 leaves and the flowers, not sure of how good they are for them.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
We have Ca Desert Tortoises and I feed them organic Pumpkin, sliced up....in my research the Pumpkin serves as an aid to clear bugs/parasites from their intestinal tract (they pick up bugs as they graze) as well as helps to encourage, well for the lack of a better term, "pooping". :) Plus they really love it....I don't feed it to them all of the time...primarily closer to the end of September start of October to help them prep for down time so they get a bit cleared out prior to their winter.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes they are good for them. They are nutritious and a great way to add some variety to the diet. Mine get them seasonally when they are available.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Philippines
Would it be okay to feed Pumpkin and squash leaves together with it's flowers often(4 times a week) mixed with grasses and other greens to a Sulcata tortoise without causing any health problems?
Thanks.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My Sulcata loves Squash leaves and they get very big...Have tried the pumpkin leaves..

marinaresident

5 Year Member
Monterey, CA
I bought a bundle of pumpkin leaves and bokchoy yesterday at a Farmer's Market for my hatchlings. Hemet and Murrieta were loving it. :)

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Yes, my Sulcatas just love it too. It grows fast, which is good since Sulcatas eat so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.