Star tortoise diet

Hello I live in India and own an indian star tortoise. It is a year old and its a male. I want a much more vared diet. Since I live in India sadly I dont get the foods that are mentioned on the internet( such as spring mix, kale, cactuses, weeds, flowers or dandelions). All I have is some romaine lettuce and some salad leaves as well as some grass( when i go to the market i only find vegetables which are not suitable for it.) . I know as an owner I should have a much wider variety of foods. Suggest me what I can feed it.
Another question is regarding a new enclosure i will make for it. I am confused to what would be the minimum size since I dont have so much of free space, and the height of the enclosure. I am making a wooden enclosure with a 100 watt powersun. So I have heard that the powersun releases alot of heat, sowhat could be the minimum distance in between the tortises shell and the uvb bulb?
The last question is regarding the substrate can I use just plain clean soil without any pesticides and fertilisers , or do I have to mix it with coconut coir?

I hope someone replies since I am a very beginner in keeping tortoises

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
1. Don't worry about a minimum size. Go with the maximum size you can. 122x144 cm would be great!
2. Every enclosure is different. Start with your bulb at about 46 cm away from the top of the tortoises shell and use a thermometer to check the temperature. Adjust the fixture higher or lower to get the correct basking temp under it.
3. Plain clean soil should work just fine.
4. Feeding suggestions:
Mulberry leaves
Grape vine leaves
Hibiscus leaves
African hibiscus leaves
Blue hibiscus leaves
Rose of Sharon leaves
Rose leaves
Geraniums
Gazanias
Lavatera
Pansies
Petunias
Hostas
Honeysuckle
Cape honeysuckle
Leaves and blooms from any squash plant, like pumpkin, cucumber, summer squash, etc...
Young spineless opuntia cactus pads

Weeds:
There are soooooooo many...
Dandelion
Mallow
Filaree
Smooth Sow thistle
Prickly Sow thistle
Milk thistle
Goat head weed
Cats ear
Nettles