Still looking for Frankie the Leopard Tortoise

diggermom

Location (City and/or State)
redding, ca
STILL MISSING. Frankie the Leopard Tortoise was taken from Tortoise Acres Rescue and Sanctuary in Anderson, California this past May. We have been looking non-stop for her.

Do you know someone who recently got a large tortoise or have you seen one for sale? She may be the one we're looking for! We are offering a hefty reward for her return, no questions asked.

We ask you to please please please return her, she is very missed! Tortoises have very specific feeding and care instructions and the thought of her being not properly cared for is one of the worst parts of her being gone.

Please return Frankie, she needs to be where she belongs. You can anonymously contact me through here.
Thank you for any help or leads you can give, also. A hefty reward will be yours if she is returned safe & sound!!

Attachments

• Frankie in grass.jpg
    Frankie in grass.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 7

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Keep looking. Have you informed all the local police, rescues, vets and pet stores?
Do a constant search of Craigslist. You can also go on faunaclassified.com and look to see if someone is selling her there.
There are other selling sights but someone else will have to help you with their names.
Good luck and keep us posted.

diggermom

redding, ca
Keep looking. Have you informed all the local police, rescues, vets and pet stores?
Do a constant search of Craigslist. You can also go on faunaclassified.com and look to see if someone is selling her there.
There are other selling sights but someone else will have to help you with their names.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Hi, yes, I have not stopped looking for her! I have filed a police report this week, as I found out the rescue never filed one. I have also been checking the classifieds at Fauna, craigslist, contacted many many stores & shelters. The rescue was just fostering her for me, and have not looked for her at all so I've been doing all one person can to try to find her. It's been pretty exhausting. Thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate your help!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I don't know if you have nextdoor app, I don't have Facebook, however maybe a neighbor or something might see it.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Hi, yes, I have not stopped looking for her! I have filed a police report this week, as I found out the rescue never filed one. I have also been checking the classifieds at Fauna, craigslist, contacted many many stores & shelters. The rescue was just fostering her for me, and have not looked for her at all so I've been doing all one person can to try to find her. It's been pretty exhausting. Thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate your help!

Wow not filing a police report is SHOCKING. Something is very suspect there... I wonder if other people have had their tortoises "stolen" as well over time

diggermom

redding, ca
Wow not filing a police report is SHOCKING. Something is very suspect there... I wonder if other people have had their tortoises "stolen" as well over time
YES - that was a huge red flag for me that they did not file a police report. And I'm starting to "hear things" about this rescue. The fact that they also have done nothing - not one thing - to try to find her makes me really deeply regret having taken her there.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
YES - that was a huge red flag for me that they did not file a police report. And I'm starting to "hear things" about this rescue. The fact that they also have done nothing - not one thing - to try to find her makes me really deeply regret having taken her there.
Is the reward from you or the rescue? If from the rescue then I would think it would be legit that she was actually taken. Them not looking for her in any way is suspect though.
However, if the reward is from you, then I would wonder if there is something fishy going on with that rescue.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hopefully the supposed "rescue" did not decide to sell your tortoise out of the state.

This is what happened to one of my friends from CO: he was going to be away for a while, so asked one of his friends to take care of his tortoises for him in his absence. Upon his return, he found that two of his tortoises were not there. He was told they had escaped (virtually impossible from his compound). It later turned out through legal investigation that the "friend" had sold those two tortoises to a person from Dallas, TX. Unfortunately, the new owner would not voluntarily return them saying he had bought them fair and square and in good faith, not knowing that they were stolen. The police were unable to get them back legally, either.