stop getting catalogs that I've subscribed to???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I've been on the do not call list and the no junk mail list for several years, however, I have subscribed to many, many catalogs because I like to shop through the mail or online. I no longer want to receive these catalogs. They fill up my very small P.O. box and I don't shop that much any more (no money). Is there an easy way to get my name off their mailing lists, or do I have to write to each one individually?

For those of you who haven't opted out yet, here's the info:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt063.shtm

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Any direct marketing companies that are legitimate and comply with the laws run any mailings they plan to send through a Direct Marketing Association suppression. The link to opt out for direct mail is below:
https://www.dmachoice.org/dma/member/regist.action
This will opt you out of any direct mail that you have not opted into. If you have opted into the mailings you may have to contact them directly and ask them to stop, but if you opted in years ago before the privacy laws were strengthened you will still probably be opted out by using the program above.
Please note that a lot of companies that do not want to follow privacy laws are starting to send emails from the Caribbean so if you are starting to see more spam and you are opted out, this is probably the reason. You also need to be careful with "Debt Collectors" as companies are starting to run their debt collection processes internationally to avoid the rules and regulations to protect citizens.
I work in privacy law so if anyone ever has any questions about this sort of stuff please feel free to ask.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
What's a catalog?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
When my mother passed away, she was on lots of catalog mailings... we had to call (1-800 numbers) to have her removed...one at a time!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Zamric said:
When my mother passed away, she was on lots of catalog mailings... we had to call (1-800 numbers) to have her removed...one at a time!

DMA has a deceased suppression also.

dmmj said:
What's a catalog?

I got one from JCP yesterday. I was creeped out.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I actually had not gotten one for quite some time, so with spring fever running high I requested a few. For some things looking on a computer just doesn't have the same "feel" as holding those dream catalogs in your very own hands.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.