Strawberry Guava Leaves?

DoctorPotterWho

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
We have a Strawberry Guava plant close to our outdoor enclosure. I am wondering if it's safe to throw some of the leaves into the enclosure for our Red foot? It isn't the same as a normal guava, as it appears that the leaves are different, but it's a guava species.

Thanks!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Mine (Redfoot) have eaten Guava and leaves that have fallen from my neighbors tree.
There have been no issues. But I can't vouch for them being harmless.
In the summer time, it's a guava, mango and surinam cherry bonanza. All free.

DoctorPotterWho

Florida
Mine (Redfoot) have eaten Guava and leaves that have fallen from my neighbors tree.
There have been no issues. But I can't vouch for them being harmless.
In the summer time, it's a guava, mango and surinam cherry bonanza. All free.

Hahaha that's too funny!!!

Thank you. I will see how he does with it. I seeded the garden and he seemed more interested in those. I wasn't sure if he was allowed to have the seeds of the tortoise mix I got, so I gave him some hibiscus leaves and romaine.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
A friend with a sulcata has a guava in the sulcata yard, I don't think the sulcata has made much effort to eat it. If nothing else it could be considered a safe plant for tortoise enclosures.

That web site has many not so common plants listed for the feed value and acceptability.

DoctorPotterWho

Florida
A friend with a sulcata has a guava in the sulcata yard, I don't think the sulcata has made much effort to eat it. If nothing else it could be considered a safe plant for tortoise enclosures.

That web site has many not so common plants listed for the feed value and acceptability.

Thank you! I figured maybe I could snip off some parts of it and use them in the enclosure for shade.