strawberry leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsum

5 Year Member
most of my garden is hybernating... but my strawberry plants are still pretty active. Are the leaves safe to feed?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:D Another plant I have problems growing. :D They are fine for the turtles and tortoises to eat. I have a few growing in different enclosures here. I also will feed the the tops of the strawberries when ever I get a batch for snacking on or to make strawberry shortcake with. :D Geesh now I have a hunger for strawberries... thanks folks. :D

adsum

5 Year Member
So, I added strawberry leaves to dinner last night and they got picked around. Every scrap of everything else got snatched right up- but no dice on the strawberry leaves. Next time I will tear them smaller. :p

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
adsum said:
So, I added strawberry leaves to dinner last night and they got picked around. Every scrap of everything else got snatched right up- but no dice on the strawberry leaves. Next time I will tear them smaller. :p
Now if your tort was in the garden and you were looking forward to a nice crop of fruit - the plant would be eaten to ground level in seconds! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.