Strawberry shortcake

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
This is so sad.....please don't compare my pics....to that fantastic pic just posted of Enki or....well, to ANYONES.....LMAO.....

poor Matilda, her roommate is not only the most non-photogenic fine-looking-white-man alive, he can't take pics either.......but a man need to recognize his weaknesses right? I do.....this was taken thru-the glass this morning, round 2;30ish. Her grass needs replacing but the lights kept it alive for a month this time. I also upgraded her pool, courtesy of Maxwell House.....she approves. She's back to her routine of; drink, soak, crap, eat. I change her water 3-4 times a day when I'm home, when I"m not, she's left to the mercy of my daughter who's not quite reliable yet....more like; "meh".........shes' a turtle, she will survive a w/e.

Had a couple warmer days here in MD and Matilda showed a marked uptick in activity.........even though she's inside, she knows, all animals do......it's time...it's Spring.

As an aside;
I posted in a different thread but Kerry and I saw a pair a Bald Eagles land right in front of us Saturday afternoon in one of her trees, not 40ft away...it was amazing! She lives on the Eastern shore off the Chester river so we see them often but to see a mating pair so close is an amazing moment for any human being, I'm convinced, especially an American! They are HUGE!
Anyway

Here, she has pulled her banana into her pool and is feasting on the strawberry, the tomato to the right will remain untouched when I left for work at 3:30 or so. Think about this a sec.....In every conceivable way possible, she's my little dinosaur! Does that make me a realist or crazy?

strawberry shortcake.jpg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
This is so sad.....please don't compare my pics....to that fantastic pic just posted of Enki or....well, to ANYONES.....LMAO.....

poor Matilda, her roommate is not only the most non-photogenic fine-looking-white-man alive, he can't take pics either.......but a man need to recognize his weaknesses right? I do.....this was taken thru-the glass this morning, round 2;30ish. Her grass needs replacing but the lights kept it alive for a month this time. I also upgraded her pool, courtesy of Maxwell House.....she approves. She's back to her routine of; drink, soak, crap, eat. I change her water 3-4 times a day when I'm home, when I"m not, she's left to the mercy of my daughter who's not quite reliable yet....more like; "meh".........shes' a turtle, she will survive a w/e.

Had a couple warmer days here in MD and Matilda showed a marked uptick in activity.........even though she's inside, she knows, all animals do......it's time...it's Spring.

As an aside;
I posted in a different thread but Kerry and I saw a pair a Bald Eagles land right in front of us Saturday afternoon in one of her trees, not 40ft away...it was amazing! She lives on the Eastern shore off the Chester river so we see them often but to see a mating pair so close is an amazing moment for any human being, I'm convinced, especially an American! They are HUGE!
Anyway

Here, she has pulled her banana into her pool and is feasting on the strawberry, the tomato to the right will remain untouched when I left for work at 3:30 or so. Think about this a sec.....In every conceivable way possible, she's my little dinosaur! Does that make me a realist or crazy?

View attachment 341466
Haha you have the same disease I have- see things put things in square on camera and push button. I take excellent crime scene photos, not special memories for which my wife is an excellent amateur photographer!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yeah Blackdog? You were a CSI or a LEO? I have a huge amount of respect for you guys, though not always.

After a teenaged life of crime, I avoided bad people for my adult life, worked out pretty well!

I stopped meeting police officers, inspecting the rear portions of police cars, running from said police officers.....lol, yep, things calmed right down.....................no, no they didn't, they just took on more lawful expressions.....I never met anyone who ran 180+ on a two stroke road race motorcycle who thought it was "calm".

I cannot take pictures....Kerry or Maggie, or even our new member EBT on here snaps a pic and it looks like a postcard.....me, not so much!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Yeah Blackdog? You were a CSI or a LEO? I have a huge amount of respect for you guys, though not always.

After a teenaged life of crime, I avoided bad people for my adult life, worked out pretty well!

I stopped meeting police officers, inspecting the rear portions of police cars, running from said police officers.....lol, yep, things calmed right down.....................no, no they didn't, they just took on more lawful expressions.....I never met anyone who ran 180+ on a two stroke road race motorcycle who thought it was "calm".

I cannot take pictures....Kerry or Maggie, or even our new member EBT on here snaps a pic and it looks like a postcard.....me, not so much!
Me neither. So since I take most photos on my phone, I take 3 or 4 at a time & sometimes one turns out great if my photo subjects are asleep, dead or otherwise not moving or my hand isn't in the photo.